Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Welcome

Welcome to the Voltz clan Website! We would like to welcome you all and thank you for joining. If there's anything you need please feel free to visit the contacts us page and ask one of our admins whatever is you need or need help with.

Request for unbanning

Last updated on 14 years ago
F
Hi,
I was banned from Voltz CTF for modding. I know this sounds like a lost cause already but hear me out:

1. I did not kill anyone and told everyone in Voltz CTF at that time that I would not kill anyone. I did not like the idea of killing players while I had an unfair advantage.
2. I said that if anyone would like me to leave I would do so immediately. I did not want anyone to be mad at me.
3. It was my first and last time modding. In that one day I modded I did not kill a single player. I am sincere in my apology and promise not to mod in any public server ever again.

I didn't get any warning about being banned. If I had, I would have left immediately and removed all mods. I did not get these mods to have an unfair advantage, I simply wanted to get them working and have a different playing experience. I hope you can give me a second chance. I would not go to all this effort simply to mod again, I can assure you.

Thanks for your time,
FAITHLESS.

(P.S, I don't remember the name of the person I was banned by)
Word
I see... I can compare it something to what I saw on T.V.
"I didn't mean to KILL him"
Who ever banned him should know that it probably is better to warn>kick>ban. Of course if anyone requests rcon, then you know to get the hell out.
Sometimes to catch frequent modders, banning quickly is essential.

Now back to Faithlesses cause. Did you read http://www.rf.vivalavoltz.com/forum/v...ead_id=420 before you posted? please answer the questions provided.
i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv111/jimmythehedgehog1/Wordsigs1.jpg
F
Yeah I wasn't expecting to get banned right away when I told everyone there that I would leave if anyone didnt like me being there and that I was not going to kill anyone. I was pretty much spectating.

Yep I read it beforehand, I tried to answer the questions in the first post but I will do it more formally now.

When were you banned?
Today (June 9 approx 1:30 am GMT 10+ Australian time)
Who banned you?
I forget, was pretty quick between when they were granted rcon and when I was kicked
Why were you banned?
For modding
Were you modding?
Yes
If you were modding, do you still use mods?
No
E
There's a rules section somewhere, where it says "No modding in order to gain an unfair advantage"

At least last time I saw it it did... I can't find it now... If as he says, he wasn't planning on killing anybody, disrupting game play, or grab a flag, he wasn't gaining an unfair advantage from it, merely a different perspective on the map.

So technically, he wasn't breaking the rule, even though he was modding...
That's my view on it anyway. If somebody could find the rules thread where it names that, it would be appreciated.
F
Yes I saw that too: http://www.rf.vivalavoltz.com/viewpage.php?page_id=7
I was not interfering in the game whatsoever apart from perhaps distracting people by flying past.
E
Yeah that one says it too, but not the one I saw before..

Even still.. According to the Global rules which cannot be changed or overruled by other rules, you weren't offending, merely gaining perspective.
F
Exactly. And if told to leave I would have left without complaint. Anyway, no more modding :) I don't wanna be considered a pest on RF.
Cupid
Does anyone see a reason to unban a modder?
E

easy on me wrote:
Even still.. According to the Global rules which cannot be changed or overruled by other rules, you weren't offending, merely gaining perspective.
Word
I would agree to unban him if he admits that The All Blacks are better at rugby than The Wallabies.
Also he has to lick my foot and declare that he will forever be my slave.
------
Your call admin.
i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv111/jimmythehedgehog1/Wordsigs1.jpg
Bouch
I dont see a problem with unbanning him as long as he understands, which i can tell by his posts that he does, that modding is against the rules regardless, gaining prespective of the map however you want to put it, the fact is that you were modding, and you were banned rightly so. And that if your ever caught modding again in our server that you will more than likely not be unbanned a second time, unless of coarse its some kind of 1:1000000 mistake. So no offense here :)
Me personally if i see someone blatantly modding im not going to warn/kick/ban, i will say "hey your outta here modder" or something like that then kick/ban or sometimes just straight ban depending on the circumstances. I dont think i banned u cause i have seen you around before and i would have remembered it. So once again, no offense here :)
img84.imageshack.us/img84/1103/myvoltzlogo2.jpg
Cupid
I unbanned you.. Don't be stupid in the future, you fucking retard.
Cupid
I think this is what you were looking for, Easy on Me

VII) An individual will be permanently banned from the server, but not the forum if they are using hacks, glitches or mods to gain an unfair advantage over the other clients in the server. If the said individual is in the clan, they will be removed from the clan, as well.

E
Yes thank you Cupid. That's the one.
Bouch
please dont break our rulez again, or the concequencse will be much more difficult to talk your way out of, but welcome back!

EDIT: o and BTW here are our global rules http://www.rf.vivalavoltz.com/viewpag...?page_id=7
Please read them carfully and abide by them next time, thank you!
img84.imageshack.us/img84/1103/myvoltzlogo2.jpg
P
Well said Bouch.
SeeLkaDooM
Golden rule: Do not use any kind of mod or cheat in multiplayer.
EDIT:Well you can use JUST in singleplayer.
F
Thanks heaps guys, much appreciated. Yep I'll never mod or break the rules again :) And Word, I'm from new zealand and so unpatriotic anyway so I couldn't care less who is better at that stupid game :) haha. And I think the wallabies do soccer?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: