Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Welcome

Welcome to the Voltz clan Website! We would like to welcome you all and thank you for joining. If there's anything you need please feel free to visit the contacts us page and ask one of our admins whatever is you need or need help with.

hhaahhahaha

Last updated on 14 years ago
D
vee banned me because i asked her for a sandwich and was bagging her. thats fucked, hellen keller did the same to me and when i banned him and got rcon removed.

stop being a fuck vee and learn to have some fun. i havnt banned you from any of my servers for paying us out. ever.

kthx
V
but you've always payed me out in your server and in voltz tonight you did it a lot, i haven't said anything bad to you tonight. you didn't only tell me to "make a sandwich"

rcon rules state:
RCON holders may ONLY ban:
People who INSULT individuals

i'm sticking to the rules, you've not insulted once, but many times . you called me a c*nt and a retarded woman.
D

but you've always payed me out in your server and in voltz tonight you did it a lot, i haven't said anything bad to you tonight. you didn't only tell me to "make a sandwich"

i never pay you out in my server, you and madog have a go at us so shh. i payed you out about being a woman like 3 times? me and so lare on ts and fucken laughing hardcore at it get the fuck over it, itwas a joke.

i'm sticking to the rules, you've not insulted once, but many times . you called me a c*nt and a retarded woman.

three times, is not 'many', you pay me and sol out in our own server and we just laugh at it. you called me a nerd and faggot? :eyes

stop having a cry, we were only joking, honestly
D
love you cupid
Cupid

Did this happen in Voltz?
V
yes it did.
D
you just banned me and i didnt say ONE word. go get fucked
Word
The Voltz rules are not very clear in my opinion Cupid, it says that you can ban people who are insulting others, but then it says that you can't ban if they are being racist. Besides, if rcon holders DID ban people for insulting, then there wouldn't be many people left on Voltz.

You know, you could always just mute the person.
Cupid
just because a person is racist, doesn't mean they're insulting individuals.

If you say the word "nigger" or the phrase "I hate Jews"
You'd be called a racist.. but you aren't insulting an individual.

Get it?
G
Perhaps a better set of rules would be "Say whatever the fuck you want, we don't give a shit" to avoid this kind of crap in the future.

If someone gets banned because of something they said, you can just remove the rcon holder and be done with it.
Word
Well, maybe not that bluntly Goober. I think that you shouldn't ban people for what they say, unless its spam.
Cupid
Spam and insulting individuals is against the rules...

that's about it.
G
That's the issue Cupid, "insulting people" is against the rules. "Insulting people" is amazingly broad and I'm sure any rcon holder with half a brain would be able to twist the rules so that me saying "I win" would be classed as insulting. Having extremely broad rules like that is just asking for trouble.

There is absolutely no excuse for having a rule against insults. There is a "mute" function in PF. Pretty much everyone uses PF - and pretty much everyone that doesn't chooses not to for "questionable reasons". It's not like anyone can plead ignorance (unless they're non-english) since it's yelled at you every time you join any of the servers that actually have people in them.

There's a mute function. If you don't like what's being said, mute the person who's saying it. Enough said. Don't go crying to your mommy or an rcon holder or server operator "that guy insulted me, now I'm butthurt!" Just mute the guy.

It's inconceivably hypocritical to have rules against "insulting people" while saying you support free speech. Sure, you can come back and say something like "It's our server and we can do what we want!" and you'd be correct, but that doesn't matter. If you're willing to accept feedback (which, clearly you are since you have a public discussion forum) it could be a good idea to listen to it.

Take some advice rcon holders: if someone is insulting you, mute them. If someone is insulting someone else, recommend they mute the person. Don't kick or ban them.

Cupid - I strongly suggest you remove this and any other hypocritical rules to avoid threads like this in the future.

What I said before still stands. Remove rules that are in violation of free speech, then whenever someone is banned for something they said, remove the rcon holder and be done with this. Easy and effective way to avoid this kind of shit in the future.

PS. The layout of this thread is all fucked up.
Cupid
Not everyone has Purefaction.

I don't see what the huge problem is here.

On another note, Sol you have been banned for double posting and spamming.

G

Goober wrote:
There is a "mute" function in PF. Pretty much everyone uses PF - and pretty much everyone that doesn't chooses not to for "questionable reasons". It's not like anyone can plead ignorance (unless they're non-english) since it's yelled at you every time you join any of the servers that actually have people in them.

Cupid, I believe I already stated that not everyone uses PF (though pretty much everyone does) and also stated that unless they're non-english (in which case, they won't understand the insults in the first place) they really can't plead ignorance, and since there's no down-side to running PF as long as you're legit, it's logical to assume that most people who choose to not run PF are doing so because they're not legit.

Either that or they feel the need to miss out on everything PF offers simply because they're turned off by the colour blue for some reason.

My point is that practically everyone who complains about insults is running PF and has the ability to mute. Having this stupid rule in place only causes headache for you, them, AND everyone commenting on the matter (ie. me).

EDIT: And the "huge problem here" is that vague rules are just begging to be abused. Like I said before, something as simple as "I win" could be interpreted as an insult and end in a banning.
Word
Fuck, alright. Just change the rules to something more flexible. Then everyone is happy.
Blood
People in general are retards. Why would I use a hand drill to make a hole when I can get an electric drill and do it with little effort, in a short time and make it look professional?

So we have PF which adds a world of extras that can make the game experience more fun and with less hassles.

If someone is complaining about what's being said to them, and they wont use the mute function, then they have nothing to complain about. They have the power to shut out what they don't want to read.
The players not using PF. That is their loss. It's out there, it's free and it's harmless It's a better version than any others available. So if they dont want to use it, then take what comes with not using it.

Free Speech doesn't mean you can say anything, anytime, anywhere to anyone.
Certainly you may do so in a chat because no one can really do anything to you but verbalize something back at you.

But you walk into any airport, or bus or train station in any country in the world and yell out that you want to blow up the place, and you'll see the meaning of what Free Speech isn't.
Free Speech merely means "that which is allowed".
img522.imageshack.us/img522/1729/osssig106tp4.jpg
G
That's the thing BLOOD, airports don't claim to be supporting free speech :P
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: